BusBoss Version 8 Updates
8.0 - 6/4/2007
- Add Scenario Wizard.
- Multiple Databases can now be open at the same time.
- Warnings are now displayed every time a user logs in. These can be configured to meet the user’s needs.
- Warning for routes without paths (missing entirely between stops).
- Aides are now a part of BusBoss.
- Unlocated list is now available for just riders (current and history).
- Bus Height & Weight is now included in the routing reports
- Student Documents Path must be set to a shared folder.
- Student Photo Path must be set to a shared folder using their Student Id Number as the file name.
- Warnings list is available to select just those preferred warnings.
- Drivers can now be assigned to a Primary Contractor.
- Photos can now be assigned to drivers.
- Depot Information is now available to display all of the busses and routes assigned to the selected depot.
- Display Addresses selection screen has been modified to include the ability to select specific Contractors.
- Display Stops selection screen has been modified to include the ability to select specific Contractors.
- Aide Details Report Selection Screen.
- Bus Details Report Selection Screen.
- New Wheelchair Busses report lists those buses set to accommodate wheel chairs.
- Contractor Details Report Selection Screen.
- Student List Report.
- Depot Details Report is now available to list all of the busses and routes assigned to the selected depot.
- Driver Details Report Selection Screen.
- Post Cards by Route only includes routing information applicable to the selected route.
- Post Cards by Student can now be printed for all applicable routing, including Split Custody.
- Post Cards have options to display the Pickup and/or Dropoff selections.
- New Pressure Sealed Bus Route Notices, with the option to include photos.
- Disconnected paths report lists those routes that are missing roads to get from stop to stop.
- Routes for Aides report.
- Passenger List Report displays split custody students with a * and their weekday usage is designated as Split Custody.
- Route Maps moved to Reports – Route menu.
- Accident Report Selection Screen now includes the option to order the report by stop or by student – also the option to include the student photos.
- Add Photos to Passenger List Report only.
- Route Reports have all been combined to use new selection screen: (Include Inactive applies to the selection type)
- Bus Schedule
- Passenger List
- Route Instructions
- Route Summary
- School Details Report Selection Screen.
- Streets within Zone Report lists streets by school, then by street name, then by house number ranges. Includes City, State, Zip Code, Speed Limit and designates whether or not they are set as Hazardous or Road Blocks.
- Student Details Report Selection Screen.
- Students requiring Aides report.
- Student split custody routing report lists only those students assigned to split custody.
- A warning will be displayed when closing a route that does not meet the needs of students requiring a wheel chair bus or an Aide.
- Stops with disconnected paths are highlighted in pink and the map displays a red ‘x’ everywhere they are disconnected while modifying routes. Save will refresh the display.
- Assign Aide(s) to Routes.
- Contractor name is now displayed if a contractor owns the bus.
- Number of students needing Aides and/or wheelchairs displayed during routing.
- Display students during routing show those needing aides and/or wheelchairs.
- Optimization takes into account whether or not Allow Turnarounds is selected for the assigned bus.
- School name field length has been increased to 50 characters.
- Find Closest Route - Looks at the location of the address to list nearby routes according to the day of the week selected - ability to open the route from the list. This is used to be able to insert a stop that is currently not on a route.
- Student Documents can now be added, deleted, and viewed.
- Modified Add Incident screen - Incidents have larger Description of Incident and Action Taken fields.
- Assign Students needing Aides.
- Student's Exit date is assumed to be the last day attended, so there should be transportation for that date.
- Student Photos will now be displayed.
- Modified Student Pickup/Dropoff Tab to include the driver and contractor names.
- Student Routing report has been modified to exclude information not applicable to routing (includes all routing assigned, including split custody, transfers and second schools)
- Split Custody Days can now be assigned to a second address and additional stops and routes for every day of the week. This information is not saved to history, only applies to current reports.
- Contractor Configure Cut-off Dates is used to prevent users from modifying daily routing for students past the specified date.
- Contractor Modify Daily Routing for Students can be used to assign and unassign students from historical routing.
- Contractor Process Daily Routing saves to history student routing information, excluding miles for each route.
- Upload Field Trips Data Tool is used to create the district's database on our server for managing field trips. This tool must be used from year to year, after graduating students to create the new year’s database. This tool will upload all student, school, driver, vehicle, routes, etc. from the district’s current database up to our online server.
- New Graduate Students wizard – includes retain Preschoolers option.
- Modified Import Students Validation tool – now it lists each one separately.
- Redistricting Tool allows the user to move multiple students at once, from one school to another according to their current address location, school and/or grade.
- Add User User Name maximum = 10
BusBoss Version 7 Updates
Accumulated Change Log
7.1 - 9/29/06
- Added functionality to allow the user to select to Optimize the Route Paths by Distance or Time.
- Added the ability to accommodate for user defined Date and Time Regional Settings
- Added the ability to enter Comments/Notes for each date in the School Calendar for each school.
- Added the ability to designate a school as Active or Inactive.
- Added the ability to Set Speed Limits by Road Type Classifications.
- Added the ability to Search for Students by Route Description.
- Added the ability to Search for Students by Bus Number.
- Modified the School Calendar by Date report to School Calendar by Date Range.
- Modified the School Calendar by Date Range report to include the Notes assigned to each date.
- Modified the School Calendar by Date Range to include Inactive Schools.
- Modified the School Calendar by Date Range to select School Types.
- Modified the Route Summary History report to include inactive students.
- Added the student's date of birth to the Accident Report.
- Changed the Transportation Schedule report to group by purpose instead of time.
- Changed the Database Update to rebuild the Zip Code table previously deleted.
- Fixed a problem where adding a Contractor when none existed caused an error.
- Fixed a problem where adding a new student caused an error when calculating the walk to school distance.
- Fixed a problem running the Fleet Optimizer.
- Fixed a problem when locating a student's address from the Maintain Student screen would locate another student's address when multiple students were open.
- Fixed the Post Cards by Route report to display the correct pick-up and drop-off times.
- Fixed a problem using the Save to History functionality.
- Added a new report to School Menu - Total Ridership by School Type and Vehicle Ownership.
BusBoss Version 6 Updates
Accumulated Change Log
6.0.34 - 08/30/2005
- Added functionality to print maps for routes. [Tools\Route\Print Maps]
- The ability to export the current map view to a bitmap has been added to the map toolbar.
- Added a large font version of the route instructions report. [Report/Route/Route Instructions/Large Font]
- Added a new report that contains student bus assignments by homeroom. [Report/Student Routing/Bus Assignment By Home Room]
- The 'Student Mailing Labels' report was modified (again) to say: "To the parent/guardian of:"
- Fixed a problem in 'Fuzzy Locate Addresses' where an alphanumeric house number would cause an error.
- Fixed a problem where an unlocated address would remain visible on the map.
- Fixed a problem with calendar buttons on the school attendance screen.
- Fixed a problem involving find street and alphanumeric zip codes.
- Fixed a problem with stop times not showing in the 'ReportStudent' view within the report generator.
- Fixed a problem involving unlocated addresses that have an apostrophe in the street name.
- Fixed a problem with locating addresses from the student screen while other student screens are open.
- Fixed a problem with graduation involving different combinations of 'Purge 12th Graders' and 'Delete Special Ed'.
- Fixed a problem involving the visibility of an inactive student's information from the student screen and student reports.
- Fixed a problem where changing a student's school or address would not remove applicable transfer assignments.
6.0.16 - 05/26/2005
- Fixed permissions issue with calculating directions
6.0.15 - 05/19/2005
- The 'Student Mailing Labels' report was modified to say: "To the parent's of:"
- The excess 'save to history' dates that were created during the version 6 conversion have been removed from your list. (None of your processed history dates have been affected)
- The 'Add Stop to Route' tool will now stay active after adding a stop. This will allow you to add multiple stops to a route without having to 're-click' the tool.
- Error log would produce a 'File not found' error if the error log did not yet exist. This issue has been fixed.
- The import students replace tool has been modified to be case-sensitive.
6.0.14 - 05/06/2005
- Append map tool added. This tool enables you to add additional county map data to your database.
Contact us for additional information on obtaining maps. [Tools\Map\Append Maps]
- Added new 'Bus Assignment By Home Room' report. This report will produce a list of students by school, by Home Room, with their pickup and dropoff bus numbers. [Report\Student Routing\Bus Assignment By Home Room]
- Fixed an issue with the 'Address' section of the edit student screen.
If there were multiple addresses present, clicking 'Go There' would always go to the home address.