BusBoss Version 2013 Updates
2013.0 - 6/03/2013
- If you currently have iBusBoss you need wait to install BusBoss Version 2013 until iBusBoss Version 2013 is released. iBusBoss Version 2013 should be released shortly.
- Address screen now defaults to All Addresses when opening
- Addresses are now listed in alphabetical order using street name then house number then address 1
- Addresses can now be entered in mixed case
- Inactive Drivers are no longer listed in the Driver Alerts
- Students with Multiple Occupancy (About to Expire) was added
- Student with Multiple Occupancy (Expired) was added
- Students Needing Transfers was added
- District was moved from the Look Up Tables and was moved to the Maintain menu
- District Code and Admin fee were added to the General Tab
- Location Address and Mailing Address was added to the Address Tab
- Fax Number, Contact 1 Name, Phone 1, Contact 1 Email, Pager, Cell Phone, Contact 2 Name, Phone 2, and Contact 2 Email were added to the Contact Tab
- School Tab was added detailing which schools are associated to the district
- Comment Tab was added
- Documents Tab was added
- When activating Fleet Optimized routes, the date is added to the end of the route name to prevent having multiple routes with the same name.
- When attempting to delete an item that is currently used a message will display with the list of who or what is assigned to that item. The list can be printed.
- Route Type was added to add multiple types of alternative routes
- Map copyright information is displayed at the bottom of the map
- Enhanced Search bar automatically normalizes when searching. For example Street will be normalized to St and Rock Glen would be normalized to Rockglen.
- Display Routes – Purpose was changed to Route Type
- Go there on Depots and Schools now remains on the map instead of disappearing after a few seconds
- When doing Information on a stop, the Display Students button on the School Tab displays the students from their home to stop on the map
- When an information screen is open, clearing the map will not clear that item you have open
- Depots_All was added to the Layers
- Transfers_All was added to the Layers
- When using the Map Area Selection Tool, the area selected is now shaded in a darker color
- Social Media was added. You can now post to Facebook and Twitter or send bulk emails by Route, School, Bus, or Stop
- Invalid Bus Assignment (Type and Capacity) was renamed Invalid Student Assignment (Wheelchair Type)
- Wheelchair Busses Report was added
- Student Transportation Attendance now excludes split custody routes
- Bus Routes By Contractor for the District was added
- District Changes was added
- DRTRS District Report was added
- District Details was added
- District Information Report was added
- Route List for the District was added
- School Information for the District was added
- Student Listing By District was added
- Accident Report was renamed to Accident Student List
- Route Attendance Report now has the option to select by Driver
- Email Route was added
- Route Instructions now includes the option to include the route notes from the Route Details screen
- Routes with Disconnected Paths report was modified to include route type and date for Historical Routes
- Duplicate Stops For School Report was updated so Purpose now says Route Type
- Florida State Report was added and includes the FEFP Transportation Survey
- New York State Report now includes the Article 19-A Biennial Behind the Wheel Road Test (DS-875), Article 19-A Bus Driver Application (DS-870), and the Article 19-A Bus Driver Add/Drop Notice (DS-885)
- Home Room Bus Number Report was renamed to Bus Assignment by Homeroom. You can now include Bus Number or Route Code
- Student Routing Transfer Reports now have the option to select Active or History Routes
- By Student Type (Count and List) was added
- Multiple Occupancy Report was added
- Student Statistics Report now includes Active and Unknown Count
- Students Changed Report was removed
- Students Living Outside Attendance Boundary was added
- You can now add and modify additional route types other than Pick Up, Drop Off, or Noon Kindergarten. These include Historical and Alternative Routes
- When adding a new Route, that route gets the focus.
- When opening a Route you have the option to select which types of routes you wish to open. This defaults to Active Routes.
- When copying a Route, Purpose was changed to Route Type. You can now copy routes to a different route type including Historical or Alternative Routes.
- Path Points have been fixed. You can now add multiple path points for each stop without it interfering with the other.
- Transportation Schedule was added to the Reports list in the individual Route screen.
- Unrouted stops now takes into account Wheel Chair students. If the bus assigned to the route is not wheel chair capable, or if it’s wheel chair capacity is full, Unrouted stops will not include stops with wheel chair students.
- When a new address is added and/or is set to be the “Home” address, the crow fly distance is automatically recalculated.
- When you change a student’s school in the Individual tab, the crow fly distance is automatically recalculated.
- Multiple Occupancy was added to the Individual tab.
- When assigning a student’s wheel chair type as Electric or Manual, it will automatically check the student’s current routes and unassigns them if they are currently assigned to a route that is not wheel chair capable.
- In the Student’s Incident tab, the Incident number now auto populates. You can also type a positive number into this field
- Alternate Routes tab was added to display alternative routes the student is assigned to
- Graduate Student screen you now manually enter the next grade for each grade
- Export Map as a shape file
- Delete selected Routes by Route Type
- Optimize Routes by Route Type
- In order to Save to History certain items must be fixed before continuing. These include Students Needing Transfers, Routes with Disconnected Paths, and Schools with Duplicate Stops.
- Social Media was added. You can now post to Facebook and Twitter or send bulk emails by Route, School, Bus, or Stop
- Delete Inactive Students was added
- Delete Students for School was added
- Make Inactive By Grade was added
- Make Inactive By School was added
- Set Rider Status was renamed to Set Walk Ride Status
- Security tab has new functionality listed for assigning permissions to groups
BusBoss Change Log Version 2011
2011.0 - 6/20/2011
- If you currently have iBusBoss you should wait to install BusBoss Version 2011 until iBusBoss Version 2011 is released. iBusBoss Version 2011 should be released within the next week.
- Addresses with multiple Geocode possibilities are noted with a *
- Geocode Address now uses Google map service in addition to the BusBoss geocoding functionality
- Geocoding will allow you to select the appropriate location or manually locate it yourself
- Aide cost per day was added to Aide Screen. This cost is used when calculating the Route Cost Report
- Fuel Cost Per Gallon, Fuel Cost Per Mile, and Total Overhead Cost have been added as stored fields
- General tab shows the option to Enable User Auditing
- Map tab shows option to Zoom to home location at login
- Fax Number has been added to the Contact tab
- Depot List has been added
- Users now have the option to set a driver as Inactive
- Activate multiple routes at once
- Bus Load Options has been added, including Fill to percentage
- Enhanced stop clustering
- Group Students by School or Route Schools Together or Select Transfer Location
- School Bell Times are used when calculating the start times
- Use Specified Bus Size or Select Actual Buses
- Automatically creates an audit trail, tracking user name, date and item(s) changed
- Record locking with user name notification
- Search thru list has been added to all of the Open screens (Aide, Address, Bus, etc)
- Customer Registration has been added
- Live Chat Support Link has been added
- Online Report Support Link has been added
- Online Support Forum Link has been added
- Landmark List has been added
- Aide Type Requirement has been added for the Student screen
- Car Seat Type has been added for the Student screen
- District Code has been added for the Student screen
- Residential Status has been added for the Student screen
- Service Animals has been added for the Student screen
- Special Programs has been added for the Student screen
- Auto resizing map symbols according to map zoom level
- Enhanced Search bar has been added to the bottom
- Users have the ability to enter the latitude and longitude on the map area you want to view
- Routing information displays the stops, routes and times applicable to the selected map point
- Streets display options are now in the Streets popup
- User defined map symbol display options
- Zone/Boundary information displays the zones for the selected map point
- Display All Schools, Depots and Transfers has been moved to the Symbols popup
- Display All Stops has been removed from the Stop Dropdown
- Display Stops has new functionality to Display All Stops using the selected criteria
- Display Students Special Needs tab has enhanced selection criteria
- Find Intersection, Find Street and Find Street Address have been removed from the Street Dropdown
- Landmark dropdown now has a Go There
- Clear map does not clear the items selected to be visible in the Symbols popup
- Edit multiple streets at one time
- Layer Control has enhanced Street Layer Properties
- Layer Control has locked layers that cannot be removed
- Live Chat Support link has been added
- Map Area Selection Tool for assigning students to stops, routes and schools in bulk
- Set and Zoom to Default Home Location were added for each user login
- Store physician information for assigning physicians to students
- Automatically generate route reports based on changes made since a specified date (Bus Schedule, Passenger List, Route Instructions, and Transportation Schedule)
- Bus Schedule now has the Total Student Count for Transfers and Second School Students
- Bus Schedule additional Header information has been added
- Change detail reports were added to Aide, Bus, Contractor, Driver, Route, Sex Offenders, School, Stops, Streets, Student, Users & Zones
- Contractor District Invoice Report added
- Display multiple reports at one time
- Illinois State Report Added
- Passenger List Report now has the Student Care Requirements listed, Wheel Chair (W) and Aide Requirements (A) are abbreviated. Weekday Usage is flagged if different than the actual days assign to the route
- Physician Changes Report added
- Physician Details Report added
- Route Cost Report has been modified to calculate the daily per student per ride cost using the appropriate Overhead Budget percentage
- Route Instructions Report now has the Transfer Bus # for each student
- Route Instructions gives the options to exclude selected information from the report
- School Total Ridership List of students available by School
- Sex Offender Details report added
- Streets within Zone option to select by Zone Type (Attendance, Rider or Walker)
- Zone Detail report has been added
- Ribbon Bar provides short cuts to menu functionality
- Display Zones is listed in the Zone Tab
- Details tab now looks at Wheel Chair type in the Student Transportation Tab and the Requires Aide field in the Individual tab to determine these specific special Needs. Special Needs dropdowns for Wheel Chair and Aide/Nurse are no longer required
- Double click functionality has been added to the Number of Unrouted Stops
- Displays Unrouted Stops on the map with number of students at each stop
- Notes and Directions are now pop up screens – allowing more space for the stop list
- Notes wording is bolded if Notes apply to the stop
- Number of Aides assigned to the route is displayed across the bottom
- Number of Ambulatory and Wheel Chair students on the route are also displayed
- Actual number of seats assigned to a route, including Aides (15 seats) is displayed
- Bus Capacities are displayed as Ambulatory/Wheel Chair
- Overloaded Route Warning when Adding or Inserting a Bus Stop that takes into account ambulatory and wheel chair bus capacities
- Route Changes and Route Maps Reports added to report list
- Route Path Arrows denoting direction of travel
- Special Needs icons for wheel chair and requires aide have been added to stops with special needs students assigned – all others special needs use the medical icon
- Transfers are automatically assigned for 1st level transfers if only one option exists for both pickup and dropoff
- Auto Create stops based on student rider population
- Address tab now has a link to Edit the actual address assigned to the student for spelling errors – Do not use this to assign to a totally new address
- Advanced Medical fields were added to the student screen to keep information on Allergies, Special Medications, and Service Agreements
- User Alerts in the Assign Days tab if a pickup and/or drop off transfer is needed
- Automatically assign transfers if there is only one available
- Care Requirements screen was added to the student screen to keep track of House Stops, Seat Belts, Harness, Step Stool Requirements, Seizure Prone, Car Seat, Aide, Service Animal, Residential Status, and Special Program
- District Code was added to the Student Individual Screen
- Medical 2 tab added to store Allergies, Special Medications and Service Agreement
- Student Type was added to the Student Individual Screen
- Transfers are automatically assigned for 1st level transfers if only one option exists for both pickup and dropoff
- Unknown Rider Eligibility Status has been added to the Transportation Tab
- Automatically calculate stop range report for selected zones (attendance, rider and walker)
- Backup and Restore Database functionality was added to BusBoss
- Enhanced Import Students functionality with user defined preferences
- Export to Skyward Web Version has been added
- Export Zones has been added
- Import BusBoss Zones has been added
- Import Special Ed students has been added
- Set certain street names to not be parsed when importing students
- Set Rider Status by walk zone has been added
- Verify stops for students on routes has been added
- Transfer List has been added
- TRIPpatrol Vehicle Variance report added
- Security tab has new functionality listed for assigning permissions to groups
- Set multiple students Rider Status by Walk Zone has been added
- Streets tab has been added to list and go to street segments within the zone
- Streets within Zone report has been added to the Print dropdown
BusBoss Version 2009 Updates
Accumulated Change Log
2009.1.697 Service Pack 1 - 4/30/2010
- Mileages have been corrected to account for mileages to the next stop.
- Social Security Numbers must now be unique.
Field Trips Upload
- Uploading Errors have been corrected.
- Usernames and passwords are now automatically emailed to users.
- Create database on server is now faster and doesn't error.
- Reports have been modified.
- Routes generated now accommodate roads already traveled.
- Measurement Tool has been added to automatically calculate distances traveled along specific roads to an exact point on the map.
- Turn Restrictions are now recognized by assigned vehicle size(s).
- Turn Restrictions are now used even if it is the first path on the selected stop.
- State Report - Texas - Student Counts report has been added to accomodate the need for drivers to take actual rider attendance (mileages are also displayed).
- State Report - New York - Article 19-A Oral/Written Examination Results
- State Report - New York - Carrier's Annual Review of Employee's Driving Record Under Article 19-A
- Redistricting - Walk to school distances are now updated when students are assigned to a new school.
- Calculate Walk to School Distances - this tool now has the option to recalculate distances for students that have been calculated already.
- Read Only Access has been modified to account for the all of the new functionality.
2009.0.656 - 11/19/2009
- Bus Schedule has been modified to notate stops and route totals with a * when duplicate students or split custody students are assigned to the route.
- Students by Exception report has been changed to list all exceptions and schools, not just active.
- Fleet Optimization Route Costs report has been added.
- Route Maps report has been modified to accommodate minimum and maximum mile ranges.
- Import Students bug fix when normalizing addresses without a street type.
- Contractor - Modify Daily Routing has been changed to list all students, including inactive.
2009.0 - 9/14/2009
- If you currently have iBusBoss you should wait to install BusBoss Version 2009 until iBusBoss Version 2009 is released. iBusBoss should be released within the next week.
- Hard copy Users Guides are no longer available.
- The Help file is now web based so you can go there and print whatever pages you’d like.
- When loading BusBoss it now loads the entire map except for railroads and streams.
- When zooming into an area you will see in the upper corner “Loading Railroads”, etc.
- To add a street click and hold the left mouse button where you want the road to begin. Drag the mouse to form the street and release when completed.
- When adding a new street you can see the length of the street in the top corner.
- When zooming into an area the streets stay white, they no longer turn grey.
- Display Road blocks is no longer an option. Above the map you can click on the button to set the color of the road blocks. Road blocks are now permanently displayed.
- Display Road Hazards is no longer an option. Above the map you can click on the button to set the color of the road hazard. Road hazards are now permanently displayed.
- Display One Way Streets is no longer an option. They are now permanently displayed with a thin red arrow on the street.
- You can set the color of the Blocked and Hazardous roads by clicking on the button above the map to set the color.
- The ability to change the color of your different types of streets is now above the map. The color can be set by clicking on the button of each road and selecting the color.
- When changing the color of the road types the bottom row of colors are your defaults.
- The option to Optimize stop order was added to the Point to Point.
- When moving a stop, a screen will appear warning you of which routes will be affected and gives you the option to select which routes to optimize.
- When moving a school, a screen will appear warning you of which routes will be affected and gives you the option to select which routes to optimize.
- When moving a depot, a screen will appear warning you of which routes will be affected and gives you the option to select which routes to optimize.
- When moving a transfer a screen will appear warning you of which routes will be affected and gives you the option to select which routes to optimize.
- When adding a sex offender from the drop down above the map, affected bus stops automatically appear.
- When height and/or weight restrictions are entered on street information icons will display on map.
- There are now 4 tabs (General, Name, Speed Limit, Address Range)
- General tab – Enter only the city, state, and zip on this screen.
- Name tab – Ability to add additional street names and choose which one you prefer to use.
- Speed Limit tab – Ability to set speed limits for different times of the day for each direction of travel. The time must start with 12:00 am and end with 11:59 pm.
- Address Range tab – House number ranges and diagram are located here.
- When doing information on a street, the segment is highlighted on the map.
- Ability to add turn restrictions for certain times of the day and for certain bus types.
- Appearance was changed.
- Dead Ends was added.
- Hazardous Roads, One Way Roads, Road Blocks, and Travel Restrictions were removed.
- Interstates, Highways, Roads, and Rivers have been removed.
Right Click Menu
- On the Display sub menu Display Road Blocks, Display Hazardous Roads, and Display One Way Streets have been removed.
- Clear All was added.
- Display Turn Restrictions was removed.
- Warnings are now titled Alerts.
- Edit Reminders – Physical Expires After was added.
- Documents was moved from the Student tab and is now on the general tab.
- Map – Hazardous Road, Blocked Road, and One Way Street colors are no longer there.
- Report – Registration Name, License Key, and Application name have been added. Strictly used for Nova PDF.
- The ability to make a bus inactive was added to the general tab.
- Document tab was added.
- Documents field was added.
Maintain Fleet Optimization
- The layout has changed. Wizard was replaced with a tab layout.
- Max Time was split into Max Ride Time and Max Travel Time.
- Minimum Time was deleted.
- Have the option to decide whether the bus goes to each of the schools or to a transfer point. You can designate where that transfer point is.
- When using a transfer point the route will only go to that transfer point. You will have to manually create the transfer routes.
- You can now designate where each bus starts. This defaults to the depot assigned to that bus in the Maintain Bus Screen.
- Saving Input Criteria and Saving Routes is noted as it processes.
- When optimization is complete it shows results and statistics.
- When selecting students the seat size is used. If your student numbers are off when you are done adding students look at the default seat sizes.
- The Route Costs report was added.
Maintain Lookup Table
- Action Type was added. Used in the Student Incident screen.
- Disciplinarian was added. Used in the Student Incident Screen.
- Ability to click on stop number and drag it within list.
- Click on bell button beside start time of route and it will auto set to arrive at the ideal time of the first school on the route.
Maintain Route Reports
- Email list for stop was added to route reports shortcut menu.
- The time at the bottom of the route now displays in hours and minutes instead of just minutes.
- Search bar was added to the Edit Screen.
- General Tab Default Student Per Seat.
- Bell Times To add bell times you click in the field, the clock is no longer there.
- Documents was added.
Maintain Sex Offender
- Documents tab was added.
- When adding a stop within an existing sex offender area it will warn you.
- Near Stops field was added. Lists stops that are affected by this sex offender.
- Help button was added.
- When clicking edit on a stop and going to the print menu, Email list for stop was added.
Maintain Student - Add
- As you fill in the students information it all appears at the top of the screen.
- Once you enter the students address, the distance displays.
- Upon entering the school, the Max Distance fills in.
- Auto assigns a student as a rider/walker.
- Auto assigns student to stop/route.
Maintain Student - Pick Up/Drop Off Tab
Maintain Student - Assign Days Tab
- When Add a student to the stop, it generates a list of stops. A search bar was added to the list.
Maintain Student - Ride Times/Miles Tab
- Ride Times/Miles was added.
Maintain Student - Incidents Tab
- Entered By field added
- Disciplinarian drop down field was added.
- Notice drop down field was added.
- Action Type drop down field was added.
Maintain Student - Transportation Tab
- Can change the students seat size.
- Display was added to submenu.
- Radius Distance Zone added.
Tools – Address
- Modify Street Types added.
- Import From SIF was added
- Import Secondary Addresses was added.
Tools – Import Student
- State Id was added to the student import.
- Compare Data - Address - New Address or Update BusBoss option has been added.
Tools – Route
- Delete zero count stops was added.
- Edit route times was added.
- Save all routes was changed to save and calculate all routes.
Tools – Stops
- Combine Current Stops added.
- Split Stops was replaced with Split Current Stops and Split Duplicate Stops.
Report – Mailing
- Bulk Email added. Must have email information entered in the students guardian info screen.
- Bus Pass (1 Up) added.
- Bus Pass (2 Up) added.
- Bus Pass Basic replaces old Bus Pass.
- Bus Pass Basic added a Pass Expires field.
Report – Route
- Route Costs added – Must fill in fuel price, do not have to fill in total overhead budget.
- Student Roster Added.
Report – Stops
- Bus Stop Schedule added
- Stop Student Count By School added.
- Stops Near Street Location added.
Report – Student
- By Exception added.
- Email Addresses added.
- Projected Annual Travel Time and Miles added.
Reports – Trip Patrol
- Activity Details Added.
- Activity Summary Added.
- Unmatched Stops Added.
Reports – Zones
BusBoss Version 2008 Updates
Accumulated Change Log
2008.1.456 Update - 9/26/2008
- Assign stop error has been fixed when trying to assign a stop that is located off the map.
- Assign stop is now faster when trying to list stops over 2.0 miles away.
- Time adjustments at the first stop are no longer allowed.
- Directions will now take into account turn arounds when adding a path point.
- Context sensitive Help has now been updated to use the new help file.
- Clear All has been added to the right click menu.
- Route Maps now shows the correct numbers at each stop.
- Race Type within multiple zone now shows the accurate numbers for each zone.
- Bus Schedule by start time has been added.
- Pressure Seal letter can now be set to include or not include the Parent Signature line and the Postal Information.
- Duplicate Stops has been replaced with Split Stops.
- Splitting a stop will now remove the stop from the Duplicate Stops for schools list.
2008.0 Service Pack 1 - 8/13/2008
BusBuster - Student
- T1 Grade has been added to the Valid Grade list.
- Last School in the system was coming up as invalid has now been fixed.
- Removing turn restrictions on Intersections now removes the icon from the map.
- Option to Enable and Disable the right click menu.
- Print Calendar Error has been fixed.
- Assign Stop Error has been fixed
- Find nearby route will now display the stop centered on the map when opening the route selected.
- Search Students by Exception has been fixed
- Driving Directions has been fixed
- Split street while a route was displayed has been fixed
- Open Route list is now displayed accurately
- Open Route box is not cut-off
- School Calendar by Date Range has been fixed
2008.0 - 6/23/2008
- Automatic Updates (Support Contract, Internet Access and GUID is required).
- Requires Customer Registration Number (GUID).
- Map Issues Detected – Topology has to be created, login may take a while.
- TeleAtlas Maps are now available for an Annual Fee (includes quarterly updates).
- Google Satellite View.
- Display Turn Restrictions.
- Display Dead Ends.
- Routes for Street (Print Button).
- Point-to-Point (Additional Options).
- Display Students.
- Display Near Students.
- Display All Students.
- Display Addresses (New Options).
- Display Stops (New Options).
- Display Schools (Color Column).
- Display All Sex Offenders.
- Display Sex Offender Problems.
Map Status Bar
- Stops Located near Sex Offenders.
- Incoming SIF Messages.
- Clear Map (Additional Layers).
- Hover over now includes the Geocoded address in the status bar.
Map Progress Bar
- Database Name is now used as Progress bar.
- Copyright Information is displayed.
- Latitude/Longitude is now displayed in the map area.
- Right Click Menu on the map includes short cuts (still centers the map when cursor is not Normal).
- Zoom into selection using mouse click and drag.
- Additional Fields (Bi-Directional Speed Limits, Height & Weight Restrictions).
- Changing Street Names and Speed Limits will prompt to Save Applicable Routes.
- Students are now displayed for Addresses and Stop assignments.
Configuration – General Tab
- Bar Code Font used for Route Instructions Report and Bus Passes.
- Software Updates Setting Options.
Configuration – Map Tab
- Optimize Routes Default.
- Threat Level Default Distances.
Configuration – Student Tab
Configuration – Email Tab
- Use SSL, Port, Username and Password can now be stored.
Configuration – Warnings Tab
- Edit Reminders for setting number of days for notifications.
- Licensing Tab has new fields.
- Employment Tab has new fields.
- Checks Tab has new fields.
Maintain Lookup Tables
- Special Needs now have associated icons.
- Open Route Screen has a Search bar
- Optimize Path and Optimize All Paths defaults to settings found in Configuration Map Tab.
- Optimize Path is a lot faster and accommodates for turn restrictions and height and weight restrictions.
- Unrouted Stops and Over Capacity are displayed in red.
- Stops Tab shows icons at Depots, Schools, Transfers and Special Needs Stops.
- Copy Routes screen has changed.
- Lock/Unlock Stops.
- Modify Directions for Locked Stops.
- Display Unrouted stops uses unique stop icons.
- Smart Select, Modify Path, Delete Path and Delete All Paths have been removed.
- The ability to add and delete Path Points has been added.
- Add, Insert, Delete and Delete Zero Count Stops automatically optimizes the Paths.
- Save Route also calculates the mileages for the directions.
- Directions all account for turnarounds.
- Students Dropdown includes Display Students for This Stop and Display Students for All Stops.
- Right Click menu has been changed.
- Route Display now has numbers within the stops and the stops are bigger.
- General Tab has color to be assigned for each school (defaults to white).
- Zones Tab displays zones assigned to schools for Rider, Walker and Attendance areas.
- Tools – Create Walk Zone automatically (school must be located and have a walk to school distance set).
Maintain Sex Offenders
- New functionality to set Threat Areas and Sex Offenders to a specific map radius.
- Automatic Sex Offender Updates available from Family Watchdog (Annual Fee).
- Search Screen now shows Not Transported instead of Walker.
Maintain Student – Assign Days Tab
- Assign Stop screen now displays stops actual walk distance instead of crow fly.
Maintain Student – Individual Tab
- State Identification Number field has been added.
Maintain Student – Transportation Tab
- Not Transported is used instead of Walker.
- Special Needs1 is used to display students on the map with specific icons.
Maintain Student – Transportation2 Tab
- Walk To School Distance can now be displayed to visually see the path used to calculate this field.
Maintain Student – Bus Pass Tab
- Bus Passes can now be generated in credit card style and receipts can also be provided. Also found in the Print dropdown.
Tools – Bus Pass
- Bus Pass Types, Fees and Payment Methods must be set prior to generating credit card style bus passes.
Tools – Import Students
- Filter Students (New and/or Existing) – Column to Include or Exclude students from the Import.
- Compare Data has replaced Check Addresses. Now it compares student names, addresses, schools and grades.
- Errors and Warnings are displayed with hyperlinks directly to the applicable row(s).
- Utility – Add Missing Race Types.
- Utility – Add Missing School Codes (option to Add or Replace invalid school codes).
- New columns for District and County Codes.
- Validation and importing combines School Code, District Code and County Code combinations.
Tools – Route
- Calculate Directions for All Routes, Calculate Routes, Save All Routes have been combined into one – Save All Routes.
- Export to Skyward has been added.
Tools – Save to History
- Validate History Date will now check for Schools that are not in session, Students missing transfer routes, Routes with disconnected paths and Routes with duplicate stops for schools.
Tools – Set Calendar Day Type
- Replaces Set Snow Day.
- Times can now be set for Early Dismissals and Late Arrivals.
- Notes can now be set for all Day Types.
Tools – Student
- Import Student State Identification Numbers (must be a .csv file with Student Id Number in first column and state id number in second column).
- Reverse Names will automatically reverse the student names according to the 1st space in the name.
- Set Walk Ride has been replaced with Set Rider Status.
Help – Check for Updates
- Automatically checks for software service packs located on the BusBoss website.
Reports – Print Preview
- Email report as .PDF attachment (novaPDF is installed specifically for BusBoss).
- Page sizes have been removed and are only available for specific reports.
- Double sided printing is now available for specific reports with page breaks at each new bus number.
Reports – Bus Pass Fees
- Bus Pass Fees Collected Report available by Date Range.
Reports – Route Instructions
- Bold & underlined Stop Descriptions and Times.
- Ability to include bar code with each student name (Configuration – General Tab).
- Include or Exclude mileages to each stop.
Reports – Contractor
- Student List now includes inactive students from current and history.
Reports – School Calendar by Date Range
- First Day and Last Day selections now available (automatically calculated by the system.
Reports – Driver
- To Vehicle to School Listing.
Reports – Fleet Optimization
- Bus Schedules, Passenger Lists, Route Instructions and Route Summary.
Reports – Mailing
- Bus Passes can be printed to pre-printed forms.
- Post Cards are now available by Home Room.
- Homeroom can now be displayed on the post card.
Reports – State Report
- Texas Route Service Report is now available.
Reports – Streets
- Streets within Zone Report is now available.
Reports – Student
- Walkers by School has been replaced by Not Transported by School.
Reports – Zones
- Addresses within Zone(s) has additional options for Not Transported, Riders or Both.
- Race Type within Zone Report has been added.
- Students Assigned to Stops has additional options for Pickup, Dropoff and Noon Kindergarten.
- Students by School by Grade has additional options for Not Transported, Riders or Both.
- Student and Vehicle Tracking are now available at discounted prices. Exclusively from Wade-Garcia Associates.
BusBoss Version 8 Updates
Accumulated Change Log
8.0 - 6/4/2007
- Add Scenario Wizard.
- Multiple Databases can now be open at the same time.
- Warnings are now displayed every time a user logs in. These can be configured to meet the user’s needs.
- Warning for routes without paths (missing entirely between stops).
- Aides are now a part of BusBoss.
- Unlocated list is now available for just riders (current and history).
- Bus Height & Weight is now included in the routing reports.
- Student Documents Path must be set to a shared folder.
- Student Photo Path must be set to a shared folder using their Student Id Number as the file name.
- Warnings list is available to select just those preferred warnings.
- Drivers can now be assigned to a Primary Contractor.
- Photos can now be assigned to drivers.
- Depot Information is now available to display all of the busses and routes assigned to the selected depot.
- Display Addresses selection screen has been modified to include the ability to select specific Contractors.
- Display Stops selection screen has been modified to include the ability to select specific Contractors.
- Aide Details Report Selection Screen.
- Bus Details Report Selection Screen.
- New Wheelchair Busses report lists those buses set to accommodate wheel chairs.
- Contractor Details Report Selection Screen.
- Student List Report.
- Depot Details Report is now available to list all of the busses and routes assigned to the selected depot.
- Driver Details Report Selection Screen.
- Post Cards by Route only includes routing information applicable to the selected route.
- Post Cards by Student can now be printed for all applicable routing, including Split Custody.
- Post Cards have options to display the Pickup and/or Dropoff selections.
- New Pressure Sealed Bus Route Notices, with the option to include photos.
- Disconnected paths report lists those routes that are missing roads to get from stop to stop.
- Routes for Aides report.
- Passenger List Report displays split custody students with a * and their weekday usage is designated as Split Custody.
- Route Maps moved to Reports – Route menu.
- Accident Report Selection Screen now includes the option to order the report by stop or by student – also the option to include the student photos.
- Add Photos to Passenger List Report only.
- Route Reports have all been combined to use new selection screen: (Include Inactive applies to the selection type) .
- Bus Schedule.
- Passenger List.
- Route Instructions.
- Route Summary.
- School Details Report Selection Screen.
- Streets within Zone Report lists streets by school, then by street name, then by house number ranges. Includes City, State, Zip Code, Speed Limit and designates whether or not they are set as Hazardous or Road Blocks.
- Student Details Report Selection Screen.
- Students requiring Aides report.
- Student split custody routing report lists only those students assigned to split custody.
- A warning will be displayed when closing a route that does not meet the needs of students requiring a wheel chair bus or an Aide.
- Stops with disconnected paths are highlighted in pink and the map displays a red ‘x’ everywhere they are disconnected while modifying routes. Save will refresh the display.
- Assign Aide(s) to Routes.
- Contractor name is now displayed if a contractor owns the bus.
- Number of students needing Aides and/or wheelchairs displayed during routing.
- Display students during routing show those needing aides and/or wheelchairs.
- Optimization takes into account whether or not Allow Turnarounds is selected for the assigned bus.
- School name field length has been increased to 50 characters.
- Find Closest Route - Looks at the location of the address to list nearby routes according to the day of the week selected - ability to open the route from the list. This is used to be able to insert a stop that is currently not on a route.
- Student Documents can now be added, deleted, and viewed.
- Modified Add Incident screen - Incidents have larger Description of Incident and Action Taken fields.
- Assign Students needing Aides.
- Student's Exit date is assumed to be the last day attended, so there should be transportation for that date.
- Student Photos will now be displayed.
- Modified Student Pickup/Dropoff Tab to include the driver and contractor names.
- Student Routing report has been modified to exclude information not applicable to routing (includes all routing assigned, including split custody, transfers and second schools) .
- Split Custody Days can now be assigned to a second address and additional stops and routes for every day of the week. This information is not saved to history, only applies to current reports.
- Contractor Configure Cut-off Dates is used to prevent users from modifying daily routing for students past the specified date.
- Contractor Modify Daily Routing for Students can be used to assign and unassign students from historical routing.
- Contractor Process Daily Routing saves to history student routing information, excluding miles for each route.
- Upload Field Trips Data Tool is used to create the district's database on our server for managing field trips. This tool must be used from year to year, after graduating students to create the new year’s database. This tool will upload all student, school, driver, vehicle, routes, etc. from the district’s current database up to our online server.
- New Graduate Students wizard – includes retain Preschoolers option.
- Modified Import Students Validation tool – now it lists each one separately.
- Redistricting Tool allows the user to move multiple students at once, from one school to another according to their current address location, school and/or grade.
- Add User User Name maximum = 10.
BusBoss Version 7 Updates
Accumulated Change Log
7.1 - 9/29/06
- Added functionality to allow the user to select to Optimize the Route Paths by Distance or Time.
- Added the ability to accommodate for user defined Date and Time Regional Settings .
- Added the ability to enter Comments/Notes for each date in the School Calendar for each school.
- Added the ability to designate a school as Active or Inactive.
- Added the ability to Set Speed Limits by Road Type Classifications.
- Added the ability to Search for Students by Route Description.
- Added the ability to Search for Students by Bus Number.
- Modified the School Calendar by Date report to School Calendar by Date Range.
- Modified the School Calendar by Date Range report to include the Notes assigned to each date.
- Modified the School Calendar by Date Range to include Inactive Schools.
- Modified the School Calendar by Date Range to select School Types.
- Modified the Route Summary History report to include inactive students.
- Added the student's date of birth to the Accident Report.
- Changed the Transportation Schedule report to group by purpose instead of time.
- Changed the Database Update to rebuild the Zip Code table previously deleted.
- Fixed a problem where adding a Contractor when none existed caused an error.
- Fixed a problem where adding a new student caused an error when calculating the walk to school distance.
- Fixed a problem running the Fleet Optimizer.
- Fixed a problem when locating a student's address from the Maintain Student screen would locate another student's address when multiple students were open.
- Fixed the Post Cards by Route report to display the correct pick-up and drop-off times.
- Fixed a problem using the Save to History functionality.
- Added a new report to School Menu - Total Ridership by School Type and Vehicle Ownership.
BusBoss Version 6 Updates
Accumulated Change Log
6.0.34 - 08/30/2005
- Added functionality to print maps for routes. [Tools\Route\Print Maps].
- The ability to export the current map view to a bitmap has been added to the map toolbar.
- Added a large font version of the route instructions report. [Report/Route/Route Instructions/Large Font].
- Added a new report that contains student bus assignments by homeroom. [Report/Student Routing/Bus Assignment By Home Room].
- The 'Student Mailing Labels' report was modified (again) to say: "To the parent/guardian of:".
- Fixed a problem in 'Fuzzy Locate Addresses' where an alphanumeric house number would cause an error.
- Fixed a problem where an unlocated address would remain visible on the map.
- Fixed a problem with calendar buttons on the school attendance screen.
- Fixed a problem involving find street and alphanumeric zip codes.
- Fixed a problem with stop times not showing in the 'ReportStudent' view within the report generator.
- Fixed a problem involving unlocated addresses that have an apostrophe in the street name.
- Fixed a problem with locating addresses from the student screen while other student screens are open.
- Fixed a problem with graduation involving different combinations of 'Purge 12th Graders' and 'Delete Special Ed'.
- Fixed a problem involving the visibility of an inactive student's information from the student screen and student reports.
- Fixed a problem where changing a student's school or address would not remove applicable transfer assignments.
6.0.16 - 05/26/2005
- Fixed permissions issue with calculating directions.
6.0.15 - 05/19/2005
- The 'Student Mailing Labels' report was modified to say: "To the parent's of:".
- The excess 'save to history' dates that were created during the version 6 conversion have been removed from your list. (None of your processed history dates have been affected).
- The 'Add Stop to Route' tool will now stay active after adding a stop. This will allow you to add multiple stops to a route without having to 're-click' the tool.
- Error log would produce a 'File not found' error if the error log did not yet exist. This issue has been fixed.
- The import students replace tool has been modified to be case-sensitive.
6.0.14 - 05/06/2005
- Append map tool added. This tool enables you to add additional county map data to your database. Contact us for additional information on obtaining maps. [Tools\Map\Append Maps].
- Added new 'Bus Assignment By Home Room' report. This report will produce a list of students by school, by Home Room, with their pickup and dropoff bus numbers. [Report\Student Routing\Bus Assignment By Home Room].
- Fixed an issue with the 'Address' section of the edit student screen.
If there were multiple addresses present, clicking 'Go There' would always go to the home address.