New School Year
LIVE SYNC INSTALLTION
- Live Sync must be installed on a computer that has access to the BusBoss database.
- Note: It is not necessary to install Live Sync on a computer that is running the BusBoss Professional client.
- The current version of Live Sync must be set up to run as a scheduled task whereas previous versions of Live Sync were installed via an installer and ran in the background as a service.
To install Live Sync download the Live Sync installation from Orbitís Support Site :
- Go to support.busboss.com, login, and click on Downloads
- Download and run the Live Sync installation (SetupPowerSchoolLiveSync.exe)
- Call Orbit Software at 484-941-0820 if you need assistance
The programs below will be installed to the target folder that you select. By default it will be the following folder:
C:\Programfiles(x86)\Orbit Software, Inc\PowerSchoolLiveSync. Follow the set-up wizard to create a shortcut on the desktop and
in the startup menu
- Note: Log.json and Config.json files will be created locally in the above folder when you first run PowerschoolLiveSync.exe
- If you were using a prior version of Live Sync you may already have the Plugin.xml installed, if not, you will need to install the plugin.
If you already have the plugin installed open the Plugin.xml file in notepad to check the version number and compare it to the plugin
version number you have installed in Powerschool
Click on the Plugin Link for help with installing the plugin and how to navigate to it to check the version number